The strategy is named after French scientist Jean Leron D’Alembert. He is known to the general public for his work in philosophy, physics, and other scientific subjects. The principle of D’Alembert’s strategy is based on the law of equilibrium formulated by this philosopher. Guided by the theory of probability, we can state that with each failure the chances of winning in the next bet increase, and increase several times. Therefore, the essence of the strategy is to constantly increase the amount of the bet in case of loss and decrease at the event. At first glance, everything is true, simple, logical, use this principle and get a replenishment of your budget. But whether this is really so, let’s try to understand the essence of this issue.
D’Alembert’s strategy, action in practice, works or not
The strategy named after the French scientist is the product of the casino world. Therefore, this principle is used in gambling establishments, mostly when betting on sporting events, around the world, including in non uk casinos. In general, D’Alembert’s strategy is in many ways similar to Martingale, much more commonly referred to as Dogon, but in our case, the sum of the bets themselves increases in algebraic rather than geometric progression. In order for the strategy principle to work, it is enough to follow the following two rules:
- You need to bet on results that have a coefficient of 2.0 and more, preferably from 3.00, but in this case, the risk of losing also increases;
- You can’t start with large sums. For the first bet, we use up to two percent of the gaming pot. If there is confidence in winning, the amount should be increased, but in no case exceed the 5 percent barrier, as further bets will also need to be increased.
In the modern game world there are three, very similar but still different, types of D’Alembert’s strategy, each of which has its own characteristics, so let’s look at them more closely.
The first two versions of D’Alembert’s strategy have the same principle of operation, differing only in the size of the first bet. If we consider the size of the bet amount to be one and let the coefficient be 3.00, then the whole principle of the strategy looks like this:
- We bet one on sports with our odds of 3.00, we lose;
- We bet again, this time already two units, we lose;
- Again the bet, but already three units, we win, the player receives nine units, of which three units is the amount of the bet, six units is the number of winnings.
The third version of the strategy is called Counter-D’Alembert, judging by the name, the principle of its operation is based on the opposite, ie, if the bet wins, the next increases by the amount of the previous one, and when the bet loses, the next decreases accordingly. Quite the opposite.
For a successful game of sports betting, it is necessary not so much knowledge of the subject of the bet, as of adherence to the very principle of strategy. Here you need to act consistently. The algorithm for betting on sports, according to this principle, has the following steps, mandatory:
- It is necessary to determine the initial amount of the bet in the game, the unit of the bet;
- Reduce the amount of the next bet by one unit if the previous one won;
- Increase the size of the next bet by the amount of the previous one, when she lost;
- Again, increase the amount of the bet per unit, when the previous one lost and so on to win.
D’Alembert’s strategy, compared to the usual ones, looks much more attractive, not so risky. According to this principle, the increase in the size of the rate is gradual, because the size increases by only one unit. This aspect allows you to easily survive the black bar and not fall under the limits of bookmakers. But for a full-fledged game on this technique for a long distance you need to have a large enough amount of total bank. Sometimes a psychological factor can interfere with the continuation of the game, the player will not have the determination to increase the size of the bet after a series of several losses.
Summary of the review of D’Alembert’s strategy
As you can see, this strategy is, in principle, logically perfect, it is best suited for sports betting. But is it possible to win using this method in sports couples? Of course, it is possible not only theoretically but also in practice. To do this, the player has enough chances, because when the first bet is one percent of the total pot, you can make as many as thirteen bets to complete loss. It is on this principle that the strategy differs favorably from others. A player who uses this method of play has almost no risk of falling under the limitations of a casino or bookmaker. But here, too, you need to listen to the advice of experts, namely – you do not need to bet indiscriminately, for everything in a row, it is better to do so, after careful study of the situation and if you have the right series. The strategy has proven its viability in practice. So, it’s pretty simple, let’s play using the strategy of a French scientist and win!